Like us on Facebook, follow us on Google+ and Twitter.

Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Hours 0 and 1 Review


This is part of my Review-as-I-Play-It series, where I write a review for every two (or so) hours of a game I'm playing. You are reading my review for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Hours 0 to 1. I will also have a review of Super Paper Mario starting on Saturday.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is my second Zelda game (my first was Skyward Sword). 


Controls:

If this was the first motion control Zelda game I had played I would give it a 9/10 for controls, but since I  played Skyward Sword before this one, I'm spoiled, so I give it a 6/10. I won't go into details, but here's my main complaints: instead of being able to swing my Wiimote in the direction I want my sword to go in, I have to press a button while swinging my Wiimote (and the direction I swing in doesn't matter). My other main complaint is that it's such a pain to change the item you're using (like changing from a lantern to a slingshot). Though comparing the controls of a 2011 game that has MotionPlus to a 2006 Wii launch game -- that's a port of a GameCube game -- is not fair.

Warning Spoilers! Only Read If You Have Played The Game


What I think of the first 2 hours:

Some of the first 1.3 hours was sort of boring, like the fishing part -- I'm not a big fishing fan, plus it took me 20 minutes to actually catch a fish. It did, however, have it's fun parts, such as riding the horse to roundup the goat's, solving that one puzzle with the birds, and meeting the people in the village.

The next 0.7 hours was really fun for the end of the beginning of a game (may be funner then Skyward Sword's). My first enemy was a Deku Baba (one of those big, carnivorous plants) and I'm disappointed by the lack of strategy required to defeat them (Skyward Sword Deku plants were a lot harder to defeat). Than I was attacked by a skinny blue goblin (not sure what they're called? Where's Fi when you need her...) once again I was disappointed by the lack of strategy required to defeat them (MotionPlus makes all difference).

It was still really fun, though after saving the kid I had to roundup the goats again ("Link, are you okay, you were 00.01.45 seconds slower than usual"), after that I was criticized for overworking my horse (that's why I like loftwings -- you can't overwork them). Anyway, something happened and now I'm wolf, and now this annoying giggling creature is talking to me. ...And then I had to quit the game after this. Can't wait to see how the gameplay is as a wolf.  I give it a 9/10 for the first 2 hours.


Come back on Monday-Tuesday to see what I think of the next 2 to 4 hours, and come back tomorrow for my thoughts on the first 1 to 2 hours of Super Paper Mario.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no bad words, or anything that is insulting.